Medi-Cal provides free or low cost health insurance for kids and some adults. The program will undergo changes in 2014 that allow more adults to qualify.
- Clinic Services
- Physician Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Mental Health
- Drug and Alcohol
- Podiatry Services
- Wheelchairs and Wheelchair Repair
- Hearing Aids
- Batteries for Hearing Aids and Pace Makers
- Inpatient / Outpatient Services
- Long Term Care
- Physician Administered Drugs
* Available now for children, available for adults starting May 2014
Starting January 1, 2014:
- Income levels increase for adults
- Enrollment will be simpler and require less paperwork
- Adults will receive mental health and substance use disorder services
- You will be able to apply by phone, mail, online, or through local county offices, local community organizations, or through Covered California
Starting May 2014:
- Adults will receive dental services
You can enroll in Medi-Cal at any time. New changes to the Medi-Cal program (listed under "Recent Changes" above) take effect after January 1, 2014 except dental services for adults which begins May 2014.
Foster children are eligible up to the age of 26.
Even if you won't qualify for Medi-Cal until January 1, 2014, you may qualify for other health coverage options today. Please contact us for assistance.